January 06, 2014

queen of colors


Today I seem to suffer from a bit of a reality blow. Nothing drastic has happened, but I am still feeling rather blurry, somewhere between the Old and the New, than being prepared to seriously start of with another year. This morning hit me with a loud Hello, while I was still sorting out ideas and making imaginary lists. I was still thinking about friendship, about families and about lifes, that I haven't lived so far. No way, I had planned to actually touch brushes or to write other emails, than the last Happy New Year greetings. Holy Canneloni, it is a big difference to only fantasize about big moves and about adventurous things ahead. All so inspiring. So exciting without the risks. To understand, that Now is the time to start, is far less romantic. It can bite you in your butt. Badly. So, the first coffee of this week, saw me with some tears and with the urgent need to hide under the table. Well, maybe not that hysterical, but quite close to it. A few hours on, I haven't grown wings yet, but the old brain has gotten some sense into my actions and my breathing is back to healthy. Almost. The fresh year and my self are getting to know each other, on a slowed down note. Not that this is something, I haven't experienced before. Nor is it an exclusive motion to the Fishbowl. We're probably all in the same boat. But like everything else; things we haven't practiced for a while, need a reminder. And the last change of years was twelve month ago. No one to blame here, I guess. So, for this first proper week of January, I wish you a smooth transformation from lingering around, to getting busy. And if you'll get the impression, you might overrun yourself, use those brakes. As, the race is long.








Follow me on F A C E B O O K          on B L O G L O V I N          on T W I T T E R 

8 comments:

  1. Race is long and it never really stops, but that's how we like it, right? There is always somewhere to get to, new ideas to work on, old ideas to play with and change based on what we've learnt so far, the endless possibilities. Wishing you a lot of good energy and inspiration for the start and for the rest of this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. isn't it great, that we always keep on going. as long we take a break, in between. wishing all the same for you too!

      Delete
  2. Take it easy, yes, so hard to allow oneself to do so... for me at least. And yet sometimes the gentle and proper thing to do (and wise) is Pause!
    In mid-stride on the way off the Cliff of Change with a Capital C,
    -sus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Capital C it is. wishing you a great weekend already. and hopefully not more of the freezing temperatures, the news tell us about. stay warm, dear.

      Delete
  3. Coziness in black and white! Give yourself some rest and nap or just have tea and daydream.
    There are good things about Winter in Berlin....like slowing down and sleeping! And then waking up with great inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, you're right. seasons are not called a changes of season for nothing; I guess. and for now, I am pretty fine within the spot I am in. though, your summer doesn't too bad either ;-)

      Delete
  4. i think it makes sense to be blurry in january. always trying to figur out what this new year is about, while leaving the past behind.
    it is just a definition of time, but we feel it...

    xx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it totally makes sense and the older I grow (holy canneloni, that sounds weird... haha), the more I learn to go with the pace. and it makes me happy. I don't know either, about the last year, nor the new one. but this it is fine, I guess. sending a hug in your direction!

      Delete